- September 1, 2022
Power Pros, a recognized leader in Northern California for electrical engineering, testing and support services, has acquired d’Heurle Systems, Inc. (dHSI) of Colfax, CA, an engineering and contracting firm, offering expertise and control systems integration for water & electric utilities, irrigations districts and privately-owned hydro-electric facilities.
“Al d’Heurle and dHSI are a perfect fit for Power Pros,” said Power Pros President Jimmy Burmeister. “dHSI’s cultural beliefs and dedication to the customer, align with our core values and esprit de corps. This acquisition enhances and strengthens our current efforts in turn-key Excitation/AVR system solutions.”
Al d’Heurle, PE-Mechanical and PE-Control Systems, has been retained by Power Pros as Senior Systems Engineer. Former customers of dHSI are assured of continued support from Power Pros. Al d’Heurle, formerly the principal of dHSI, brings with him years of experience with water and power systems. He has an impressive track record of successful projects including:
- Instrumentation and programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Human machine interface (HMI), telemetry, and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Generator excitation systems, including power system stabilizer (PSS).
- Hydro turbine governors and station controllers.
- Dam safety-related controls including spillway gates and outlet works.
- Irrigation systems controls and telemetry.
- Projects with Nevada Irrigation District, Northern California Power Association, Provident Irrigation District/Princeton-Codora-Glenn Irrigation District, Pacific Gas & Electric, Placer County Water Agency, South Sutter Water District, and Yolo County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, and Yuba Water Agency.
dHSI will be integrated into Power Pros’ organizational structure and will continue to operate under the Power Pros name. The customers of dHSI will continue to receive the personal & responsive care and attention that Al and his team provide. And our collective customers will benefit from the synergy gained by adding Al d’Heurle and dHSI to this high-performing team.
Power Pros, which specializes in electrical engineering and field services, is headquartered in Roseville, CA, and services customers throughout the Western States, Alaska, and Hawaii.